Re: [OM] Which soft, How Soft? [was soft addiction]

Subject: Re: [OM] Which soft, How Soft? [was soft addiction]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:19:22 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<<<<Methinks this be balderdash.

Methinks squinting Moose and WS are both correct. :-)

 Very high SS with wide apertures clearly can affect bokeh and bokeh balls but
does not result in cat's eye morphology, AFAIK.
Extent seems to be cam dependent.   In my experience on A7Rii/iii bokeh clearly
affected above SS 1/1k and much more noticeable at twice that speed and above.

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/limitations-of-the-electronic-shutter-function/

Scroll down to EFCS area.

Bokeh balls seem to be faded out on top using EFCS in some scenarios but don't
look cat's eye like to me.

I had posted on this list before regarding uneven exposure using non-system
lenses with EFCS.

https://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/msg60345.html
The manual for A7rii says to turn off EFCS for such lenses--haven't looked for
Riii and that is overkill as only arises in extreme situations.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56297238

No Squint, Mike