Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 19:59:00 +0200
I have a 47" for eleven years now. When it breaks down, I'll buy a 65" one.
Bigger is better, imho. I"m with Moose on the immersive feeling.

Actually I had a deal with my wife as part of a redecoration in those days.
She would get a five burner gas stove, I a 50" plasma. She has a 6 burner
gas stove now, the 47" is LCD... oh well, you know how those deals work out
;-)

It is quite energy consuming though, with 280 W. A modern 65" is close to
100 W (as long as you don't use HDR mode, which kind of doubles the
consumption somehow). I've given up hope that it breaks, but now the very
high electricity prices hier in Europe (in particular The Netherlands)
might come to the rescue, rendering it obsolute in an economical way ;-).

My wife doesn't like a big black box in the room, so we might opt for a
Samsung - The Frame. You can read into those, they let you display your
pictures (and general artwork) on a reduced power setting with a sensor to
shut it off when no-one's around. Fancy, I think. They are more expensive
(of course), but you get a nice wooden like frame around it. They are very
thin as well, as the connections go in separate box you can hide somewhere.

A nice option for photographers.

Frank