[OM] OT: TVs

Subject: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:06:07 -0700
Can a guy who still watches a 21 inch TV with a picture tube (yeah, I know)
find happiness with a 32 inch LCD TV? For movies, we have lately been using my
wife’s ~1900 x 1000 computer screen. A 32 inch TV would fit nicely on the
stereo cabinet in our living room. We’ve just been on a trip, and the 32 inch
TV in the rental house we stayed in seemed big enough, at least watching
“character movies“ rather than scenery movies.

I keep reading how to be a really cool kid, you need at least a 65 inch screen
with 4K and QLEDs and zone brightness and blah blah blah. I’m honestly not sure
how much those features would matter to me. Of course, being a photographer,
they might matter more than I think. But a bigger set would totally dominate
our small living room, says my wife. We sit about 8–10 feet from the TV.

Those of you who have been through this process, what do you think?

-Peter