Re: [OM] My soft-focus eye

Subject: Re: [OM] My soft-focus eye
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 09:48:05 -0700
> From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I gotta rant.

Be glad it isn't cancer.

I'd always heard, mostly from Merkins, about long wait times in Canada. I know
there are long wait times for things like knees and hips and such -
non-life-threatening stuff. But I'd always "believed" that surely, that
wouldn't be true of life-threatening illness.

<rant>My wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer on June 29th. Since then, she's
had bloodwork, an ultra sound, a CT, and most recently, an MRI. They all say
there's bad stuff going on down there.

But she has yet to have a single appointment with a real doctor.

Dr. Google tells us that early diagnosis and quick treatment is the key to
cancer, especially this form. So why are we still waiting, seven weeks later?

We are both duals, and are now looking into getting treated in the US. So much
for the "great" Canadian health care system. It's great for trauma and GP
stuff, like a tummy ache, but it seems that when you get something serious,
Canada basically waits for you to die.</rant>

Jan