Re: [OM] My soft-focus eye

Subject: Re: [OM] My soft-focus eye
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 15:16:40 -0700
At 8/18/2021 02:02 PM, Joel wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 8:43 AM DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Anyway, I started off as a right-eye shooter, got myopic in graduate
>> school and switched to left eye.  I switched back to right eye when I could
>> tune in the eyepieces sufficiently well.  But I was also a switch hitter
>> and I can throw with either arm (though only pitch righty).  If I"m
>> shooting with a wide or MF macro, sometimes I still look with both eyes if
>> focus is critical (when isn't it?).
>>

>Still thinking about Peter's actual question.  I think the possibility of
>switching from right to left eye influenced my migration to Olympus.  I was
>shooting N*kon when I became interested in trying the left eye for focus.
>Very hard with the FM2 and FE2 at the time because the advance lever, when
>unlocked for shooting, would poke a left-eyed shooter.  I had bought my
>wife a cute little OM-1 and found it much better for lefties and never went
>back to N*kon much after that, even after switching back to the right eye.
>When film ruled, there were a lot of lefties who chose Olympus at least in
>part because of this reason.
>
>Joel W.

I have seen a number of posts for Leica shooters using Left eye.
It is doable but takes some getting used to. A camera with a centered
view finder, such as my Zony, I would have little problem switching
to the Left eye. My nose might interfere with accessing the some of
the buttons on the back, but not too bad.

I also just checked my GX9 and I don't see any issue with using my
left eye on that camera even though the EVF is on the left.

It makes me angry when the medical profession seems to think they
can be dictators with little recourse for patient's. It is a systemic
issue where resources and accountability are lacking.
And I don't know how much comes from the insurance industry.
I won't go into the horror stories of my friend, whose daughter had
leukemia, and little control she had once her daughter was in the
system. (she said they were outright evil - her words.)

I sincerely hope Peter can get proper resolution and treatment.

WayneS