Re: [OM] Your camera is the best one

Subject: Re: [OM] Your camera is the best one
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 11:38:42 -0500
Just to be clear about that video - it was 100% satire, based on attitudes
and comments from many L**ca owners (our own Tina definitely excluded.)

Those were not meant to be taken seriously, at least by the actors saying
the lines.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 11:36 AM Pearce, Wilfred via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I couldn't watch all of this. It's the biggest collection of egotistical
> idiots I 've seen in a long time. I've been shooting since the late
> SIXTIES, and I have learned, if nothing else, that it's not the camera that
> takes the pictures, it's ME. I have owned several Leica cameras in my life,
> and did they make moy photos any better? Nope! This video just confirms two
> of my personal rules. Most of us, myself included, want to improve our
> photography, and a new camera simply won't do it. Working on our skills
> will. There is no magic camera, I wish there were magic things in life, if
> there were I could play the Tenor sax like Pete Christlieb and the piano
> like Ross Tompkins. Not gonna happen.  And second, I hate videos. The
> beauty of the written word is that it in these sort of situations and
> editor is involved, and these videos need to have the dialog tightened and
> the ums ans awes removed.
>
> My favorite, "Is that a Fuji? Oh, I remember when I was a child!" News
> flash, jackass, you still are one.

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>
Certified Music Junkie

"Never follow anyone. Be your own hero." -- Neil Peart

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"