[OM] Your camera is the best one

Subject: [OM] Your camera is the best one
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 10:36:31 -0700
[warning] may incite philosophizing...

I read in thephoblographer.com an article called Best prices for Nykon
Cameras... saying "Nikon cameras consistently have color output that makes us
drool." My gag reflex was triggered. So I started searching ... "camera with
most drool color" and got "10 Dog Breeds That Drool the Most..."

Most people (not on this list of course) think their camera brand color is the
best. I suspect its color is "mostly" the profile in the conversion. Best is
all too subjective for the most part. All due respect for those (1 in a million
who can see) who effuse eloquently about CCD sensors - for me, if I can get a
decent exposure and focused, I can usually get some kind of result I like,
monitor calibration aside...

I often take a photo so I can tweak it and see what my AZ blinded eyes cannot.
and yes, electronics, noise, non-linearity, color-filter-array, lens, ... make
differences... But I rarely drool. Seems the picture I got and liked had little
to do with the camera drool factor.

Y'all can return back to discuss'n the wonderfulness of our cameras... while
cranking up the clarity slider.

The good stuff, some May photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FwBeZnf8EJ3FVmfv6
Zony with 24-105/4 or Voigtlander 110mm. I do drool a bit on my 110mm. The
24-105 just works most of the time.

color incognizant - WayneS