Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 20:57:15 -0400
On 4/9/2021 12:11 PM, Moose wrote:
> ...You don't say whether this was with OEM battery or Wasabi.

The first attempt at time lapse, producing the 1 second clip, was with the Watson battery.  It did not start out fully charged.  The second attempt, stopping after creating 7 seconds of video, was with a fully charged Wasabi.

>  ...  if yours are recent, I don't understand why they don't work as mine do. [Not flagged as a non-Olympus battery, power percentages shown below the green battery icon.]

Further down you commented that vendors may change suppliers over time.  That may have happened with Wasabi.  I purchased the Wasabis fairly recently.  The text on the battery is blue.  Previous Wasabi batteries, albeit different sizes for other model cameras, have had the text in white.

> I've not done time lapse, nor see it on my horizon.

The reason I was trying to make a time lapse video was to capture the movement of shadows across my back yard in order to decide where toinstall a patio.  If it was not for this specialized requirement, I would be with you, and consider time lapse as an esoteric gimmick.  But it was nice to have it there for the one time it was useful - if it only worked.

----- Larry Woods