Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?

Subject: Re: [OM] Everything OK on the list?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:46:29 -0500
On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 6:06 PM Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <<I've bought DeNoise, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.  This all started as
> an
> <<experiment to see if my 5 MP E-1 images retain any value, which mostly
> put
> <<the emphasis on Gigapixel AI.  But the other programs are where I am
> <<spending the bulk of my time right now.  DeNoise in particular is a
> <<revelation.
>
> Great software, I bet you will find them all very good tools.  I started
> with GP AI to try and rescue a large cropped shot--worked better than
> expected.
> Sometimes with a new version, I find the Sharpen AI and Denoise will crash
> using the GPU--need the bleeding edge driver from Nvidia  as windoze update
> may not know about them---
> with a "clean install"  option under custom and not the express install.
>
> Crash helmet removed, Mike

Helpful, Mike.  Thank you.  I get a crash sometimes if I fail to open the
lid of my laptop.  It likes air when it's huffing through the AI jibbers.
Often the crash is just the Asus taking a break.  I boot it back up and the
file was actually done and saved.  Never with DeNoise.  Occasionally with
Sharpen AI.  With GP I have been known to create a 13x19 @720ppi.  I have
to remember to close all other programs and purge PS of histories and
everything when I go to print or I get a BSOD.  (The slop file runs out of
pigs.)  If I got a larger SSD, I think no problem.

One day I'll test whether I can tell the difference between 360ppi and
720ppi at the ritzier printer setting.  I'm super happy with the 720ppi
prints, but it's all hands on deck when one of those is printing.

Joel