Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 10:54:28 -0700
For what it's worth, I've noticed in Wasabi's recent listings for BLH-1
batteries on Amazon, that Wasabi has two versions of the battery. One is
"fully decoded" meaning it should work properly with the E-M1 II (or III)
and the second is NOT fully decoded, and will result in warnings from the
camera. A few months ago, only the NOT fully decoded version was available,
but WAS noted as triggering the warning. Perhaps you got the wrong version,
or ordered before the "fully decoded" version was available?

---Scott

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:04 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4/9/2021 5:57 PM, Lawrence Woods wrote:
> > On 4/9/2021 12:11 PM, Moose wrote:
> > > ...You don't say whether this was with OEM battery or Wasabi.
> >
> > The first attempt at time lapse, producing the 1 second clip, was with
> the Watson battery.  It did not start out fully
> > charged.  The second attempt, stopping after creating 7 seconds of
> video, was with a fully charged Wasabi.
>
> Which leaves open the question whether some subtle bit of body-battery
> comms failed.Try with Oly battery?
>

> > >  ...  if yours are recent, I don't understand why they don't work as
> mine do. [Not flagged as a non-Olympus battery,
> > power percentages shown below the green battery icon.]
> >
> > Further down you commented that vendors may change suppliers over time.
> That may have happened with Wasabi.  I
> > purchased the Wasabis fairly recently.  The text on the battery is blue.
> Previous Wasabi batteries, albeit different
> > sizes for other model cameras, have had the text in white.
>
> Sounds like mine. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFPTv7MWGwN8D1Q19>
>

> > > I've not done time lapse, nor see it on my horizon.
> >
> > The reason I was trying to make a time lapse video was to capture the
> movement of shadows across my back yard in order
> > to decide where to install a patio.  If it was not for this specialized
> requirement, I would be with you, and consider
> > time lapse as an esoteric gimmick.  But it was nice to have it there for
> the one time it was useful - if it only worked.
>
> Aaaah.
>
> Seen the (Movement of ) Light Moose
>
> --
> --