Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Tech questions: time lapse, batteries
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 10:29:49 +0200
I second Ken's view.

If you put this link in Google translate <
https://pen-and-tell.de/2018/08/akku-schlachthaus-blh-1/> you will find
much information, obtained in a fairly structured way.

This guy has been testing Olympus and third party batteries for years and
the results speak for themselves.

Just don't buy them if your budget allows it.

An important point, maybe also interesting to other list members, is that
he finds that 'fully decoded' third party batteries seldom have the
temperature dependant resistance feature, which triggers original Olympus
charges to shut off when the temperature of the battery rises too much.
Which basically means no protection against overheating and worse the start
of a fire. Fully decoded only means your camera doesn't nag about orginal
batteries.

"If you can't afford the petrol don't buy the car" ;-)

Best, Frank.