Re: [OM] (OT) New Consumable Acquisition

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) New Consumable Acquisition
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 15:04:38 -0400
Aye. Got me, or auto correct, on that one. <g>

I wouldn't go so far as to say "utter" rubbish, but it was very soapy. We
watched the first season mostly because of the accents, which Scots we
talked with told us were good; because of the countryside, mostly close by
studios in Edinburg and Glasgow, all of it in Scotland; and because I used
to be an  internet friend of the woman who wrote the books. When we finally
met in person at a signing for her second book, I found her to be a bit
rude and arrogant. She might just have been overcompensating, though. <g>

I don't think I'll go any farther with it. I heard season two is set mostly
in Paris. And then there's a lot of time traveling going on. I do think
they eventually will get to Culloden and the aftermath, and no doubt North
Carolina, where a lot of Highlanders found themselves (including Flora
MacDonald). But there are roughly seven books in the series. I read the
first one and couldn't go any farther. Joan, I think, made it halfway
through the second.

The theme music, which can be found easily on the web. is quite pretty.