Re: [OM] (OT) New Consumable Acquisition

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) New Consumable Acquisition
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:05:32 -0700
On 3/18/2016 6:55 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Joan came home from the grocery store today with a bottle of Irish whiskey.
I asked her why she did that. Her reply was that a whiskey sauce recipe
calls for Irish whiskey, so Irish whiskey she bought.

Oh, well, now we have Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, and American whiskey in
the house. No downside, me thinks.

To your first point, some wag once said that the Scots were always waging
war,

Tangerinally, we watched "The Scottish Play" last night. A bit from the program:

"There are few surviving literary or historical chronicles of the early rulers of Scotland; its early history is almost labyrinthine in its complexity and contestability. We do know that five major tribes—the Picts, Gaels or Scots (who were actually from Ireland), Angles, Britons, and Norsemen—occupied Scotland before they were first unified under Kenneth MacAlpin."

and when they weren't waging war, they were fighting amongst themselves.

The content of the play . . .  Much blood, shed.

We had the lovely and talented Frances McDormand as Lady MacBeth, in which role she was very good. Conleth Hill was the Thane who would be King, and competent, but not especially good. One of our favorite locals was excellent as Duncan and a couple of secondary roles.

Not a bad evening of theater, but if I never see that play again, my life will
be no less full. :-)

Tangentially, I learned the other day that there are more
people claiming Scottish descent in North Carolina than live in Scotland.

The emigre/exiles continued to breed, while giving up killing each other off at
a great rate?

Pastiche Moose