Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:42:02 +0100
Chuck - I think it's hard to compare tools unless you use both/all of
them.  When you can do pretty much everything in LR you never get to use
Faststone, Breezebrowser, Bridge, ...

Certainly LR's
review/compare/select/discard/flag/rate/color/sync'd_zoom/etc make going
through a large quantity of images pretty flexible.  One feature I really
like is grabbing a bunch of variants of one image (as many as you like but
sensibly up to about a dozen) and then being able to discard them
one-by-one (as you hover, an X appears in the corner of the image) - click
it and the rest of the grid rearrange to give each image the most space
possible  Do it full-screen on even a modest 23"  monitor and a dozen
postcard-sized images is very easy to work with.  Add a second monitor and
the selected image is displayed full-screen at the same time!

I was going to ask (Ph.) why it took an hour to sort out some time/date
issues. then I re-read and saw a DOZEN cameras - so 5 minutes each to
filter on camera model, select all photos, and edit capture time/date
doesn't seem so bad.  I bet the last one was quicker than the first!

jez