Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:38:45 +0200
Le 16 juin 14 à 19:06, Chris Trask a écrit :

I can see now that it may be more adventageous to learn how to manipulate the various settings in both CPP and OV to get the results that I desire,

Correct!

For the sake of illustration:

RAW as is - yellow glass filter - converted to JPEG without any adjustment made
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FILTERS+TEST+-RAWASIS-1000075.jpg.html

RAW as above except the WB has been restored in a single click.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FILTERS+TEST+-BASICEDIT-1000075.jpg.html

RAW turned to BW by a click - no further adjustment, original WB too
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FILTERS+TEST+-RAW+AS+IS+TURNED+TO+PLAIN+VANILLA+BW-1000075.jpg.html

RAW turned BW and Philippized - this is an early stage of Moosification ;-)
I just played with the sliders - WB and colours
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FILTERS+TEST+-BW+FROM+RAW+_+PA+EDIT-1000075.jpg.html

I think I would have fared as well if not better WITHOUT a filter - but that was in my earlier days of digital and I didn't know

Have fun with them sliders ;-)

Philippe

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE