Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 07:50:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Okay, now we have an apples to apples comparison to work with other than
my own.

     In this series of images I'm seeing the exact same results as I have been
experiencing, and the most obvious departure from B&W film is that the sky is
not darkened.  Looking at the third image (P1030172), the sky should be
significntly darker than what is seen in the second image (P1030172.jpg).  If I
try to bracket the speed with a #25 red filter, I get an image that becomes
more uniformly grey, such as with the seventh image (P1030174.jpg) at first.

     Although disappointing, I'm at least relieved to see that I'm not doing
something terribly wrong, that instead it has something to do with the process
of converting a colour image to B&W with emulated filtering as well as
converting a glass-filtered colour image to B&W.  This, of course, puts us (or
perhaps me) firmly back to square #1.

Chris