Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 09:40:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Remembering that this is a WYSIWYG process, if you want to darken the
>blue sky then move the blue slider to the left.  If you want to brighten
>the foliage move the green and/or yellow sliders to the right.
>
>PhotoShop does allow inverting the colors of an image.  I suppose that
>means you'd be able to do the filtration using your conventional
>negative filters as you suggest below.  But after you've learned to do
>WYSIWIG filtering I don't know why you'd want to use the negative
>methods.  Take advantage of the technology.  It's fast and easy.

     I took an additional photo of the tree with a #25 red filter attached.
When viewing it in Olympus Viewer (OV) I noticed that the histogram was largely
off-scale at the top.  This may be why I get the blanket grey when converting
to JPEG B&W.  But that does not explain the ongoing problem with the emulated
red filter.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson