Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag asessment tool
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:09:03 -0500
I got all of this the first time but it appears you have missed my
emphasis on *individual* shutter speeds.  From your prior description of
shutter shock you said it was only detrimental in the limited speed
range of about 1/60 - 1/160 second (depending on user).  What I assumed
you were describing was a way to selectively set the anti-shock delay
for just that range of shutter speeds.  Therefore, pointing me to the
drive mode settings didn't make any sense.  But now it appears you
really did mean to point to the drive mode settings.  Apparently my wish
for a means to selectively turn anti-shock on and off (perpetually) for
specific shutter speeds can't be realized.

I now understand you to mean that the SCP is a quick way to turn the
anti-shock setting on or off for the drive mode I'm using... which means
all shutter speeds are affected.  I guess if I'm in bright light or have
a high ISO set such that I don't expect shutter speeds as slow as 1/160
then I can shoot freely with anti-shock turned off (quickly) via the SCP
trick.  That's good if I can remember to turn it back on as the light
dwindles.  :-)

Incidentally, this was the first time I've ever encountered the SCP.
It's shown and described in the manual but nothing there tells you how
to deliberately turn it on.  At least with the way I have my camera set
I have to cycle the display with the info button to see the SCP.  I did
not know that before and only discovered it today by dogged
determination of pressing buttons at semi-random until I discovered it.
  I can not find anywhere in the manual where that is described.

Chuck Norcutt