Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag asessment tool
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 12:32:55 -0800
On 12/8/2013 7:29 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I didn't understand this.  Ignoring the fact that you said "Drive
> setting"

That's what the manual calls it, so that's what I used

> what I expected from your description is that there was a way
> to selectively turn shutter shock delay on and off for *individual
> shutter speeds*.

Sorta; as you select the drive mode, you choose whether with or without
Anti-Shock (again, Oly terminology, in the
manual and on the camera.)

> But in drive mode the only settings are for frame counts and self-timer
> settings.  What have I misunderstood?

Are you using the Super Control Panel? Have you set Anti-Shock on in the menus?
If so, the Drive Mode Icon, one in from
left, one down, below WB on the SCP, will show the drive setting, with a
diamond to the left of it, indicating
Anti-Shock on.

When you select the Drive Mode icon, by touch or arrow navigation, and press
OK, there will be a string of Drive Mode
settings along the bottom of the screen. Each Mode will have two entries, with
and without the diamond. Select one with
diamond, and you get Anti-Shock, and the reverse.

It sounds complicated, but is not.

SCP Moose