Re: [OM] New Camera, and some Photos Uploaded.

Subject: Re: [OM] New Camera, and some Photos Uploaded.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:40:49 -0800
On 1/30/2013 2:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I knew I would have to reinstall all my apps since I was going from 32
> bit WinXP to 64 bit Win7.  What I didn't expect is that almost all of my
> 32 bit apps worked just fine in the 32 bit environment... with no need
> to upgrade my Win7 Home Premium Edition to the Professional edition.
> The exception is 32 bit PhotoShop which causes complaints about problems
> with the C++ libraries.  I use the 64 bit version but also installed the
> 32 bit version thinking maybe I could use 32 bit FocusMagic with it.
> But I haven't gotten that far yet.

Mine was a native install that came with the computer. Both CS5 and then 6 have
installed and both 32 and 64 bit
versions run without a hitch.

> The conversion wasn't terribly onerous.  I immediately reinstalled a
> small set of very commonly used apps... Firefox, Thunderbird, PhotoShop
> and some others.  Then I reinstalled others only as I encountered a need
> for them.  I needed to do frequent installs during the first week or so
> but they rapidly tapered off to almost nothing is a couple of months.
> There are still a fair number that I've never re-installed and probably
> never will.  :-)

Just what I do with a new computer. The idea of an app that will transfer
everything to the new machine gives me the
willies. After all, one reason for the new machine is to leave the unneeded,
unknown and unnecessary debris behind. ;-)

Clean Slate Moose