Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:53:39 +0200
Indeed. RZ lenses have electronic shutters powered via electrical
contacts from the camera body (and shutter speeds are set on the
body). RB lenses contain mechanical shutters, the speed of which is
set on the lens (no lens/camera control mechanism whatsoever other
than actual firing of the shutter).

This means that RB lenses can be used on the RZ (the lens mount is
basically the same) but not other way around.

Pity, the one "killer" modern lens they never made in RB mount is the
50mm ULD - most of the other modern designs can be had in the RB
mechanical shutter mount as K/L lenses (some are rare though).

The RZ lenses are really huge though - and that's compared to the
already-huge RB lenses. For example, the modern 65mm f/4.0 is almost
twice the size of the C-series 65mm f/4.5. They offer the ultimate in
optical correction though.

Dawid