Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:59:10 +0200
Well, at least Ed suffers from the same urban legend :-)
No really, I suspect he has also just heard about many people's
experience with Hasselblads, compared to Mamiyas.

In no way did I ever state this to be an actual problem for me, and
you actually summarise it quite well: It's like comparing an OM body
to a Nikon F.
The OMs are sweet, svelte, and sexy, but not as solid or problem-free
as a Nikon F. My 3Ti required service more than once.

I just mentioned this as part of the list of reasons to love a Mamiya
RB. It simply has a better reputation for reliability compared to a
Hasselblad, period.
Does not detract one bit from the cameras in actual use, but a
reputation is a reputation. No use denying that it doesn't exists (at
least amongst some people).

Dawid