Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 22:17:19 -0700

On 5/23/2012 9:36 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:

> Hasselblads are nice, but I find the Mamiya RB system much more
> desirable for my work, and there is no doubt that the Mamiyas are
> much, much better built (and problem-free over long lifetimes). Kinda
> the Nikon F of MF SLRs. Hasselblads are like Leica Ms - jewel-like,
> finicky, and needs lots of service to stay in shape.
>
> regards,
> Dawid

Hmmm, not my experience at all. My personal Blad was picked up used. Was
originally owned by a working pro, may have been regularly serviced at
that time, but then sat with no use and no service for well over 10
years. I have never serviced it, and have owned it for 5 years. One lens
needed servicing, which I did myself. I have also replaced all the back
seals which does need to be done from time to time, but is simple as can be.

The Blad I picked up for my daughter is a bit newer, and has never
needed any work at all.

Jim