Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:23:02 +0000
It's all good. At least you are still shooting film!  Just as an FYI, RZ
lenses are all metal too (I have had plenty of them apart for cleaning and
adjustment).

I think I have only changed the battery in my RZ once in maybe 5 years? And
even then it didn't need it, I was trying to debug another issue. So,
battery dependence = non-issue, IMNSHO.

The things I like better RZ vs RB are the interlocks, the lighter weight and
smaller size, the more modern/recent build quality, better/more/newer lenses
(in some cases there are RB equivalents), AE Prism Finder II, etc.  The RZ
is plenty solid (too much so in some cases... ).

I usually carry 4 lenses at any one time, plus the 1.4x converter.  Usually
110 (on camera), 50ULD or 65L/A, 37mm, and a longer lens e.g. 140M-L/A,
250APO, 350APO or something along those lines.

If you get a chance, try an RZ sometime. It's like an old friend, only more
updated. Plus it can use all the RB lenses you already have. ;-)

-Ed