Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 18:36:13 +0200
I have to utterly disagree - it depends fully on the lens series, and
focal length.
The early (single-coated) lenses are flare-prone, yes.

The C-series 65mm f/4.5 is, by FAR, the most flare-resistant lens I
have used in my life, and this includes modern Schneider large-format
optics. I don't (oops - didn't) have a single Zuiko that was a flare-
free as the worst of my multicoated Mamiya lenses. The 140mm Macro is
also particularly spectacular when it comes to flare-resistance (or
any other attribute), and of course the 37mm Fisheye. They are just in
a different league when it comes to coatings.

Hasselblads are nice, but I find the Mamiya RB system much more
desirable for my work, and there is no doubt that the Mamiyas are
much, much better built (and problem-free over long lifetimes). Kinda
the Nikon F of MF SLRs. Hasselblads are like Leica Ms - jewel-like,
finicky, and needs lots of service to stay in shape.

regards,
Dawid