Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:55:51 -0400
Dear Chuck,

I would be very pleased if you could explain to me this again as I don´t
really understand you very well.

I agree with Ken. If you have 7 stops of shadow detail and 3 stops of
highlight detail, I would definitely expose for the highlights despite of
the image will be underexposed, otherwise you´ll never recover the burnt
highlight detail. So the camera underexposes to keep highlight detail inside
the dynamic range. This is why I would be very pleased if you could explain
to me what you mean because the other way round isn´t true.
What do I mean with underexpose? After taking the picture, if I see a
straight line going up in the right part of the TFT screen (histogram), I
must underexpose the picture because I know highlights will be
unrecoverable.
I never had any trouble increasing exposure by 1 to 1.5 stops with my E-1 at
ISO 100. No posterization at all was seen. I only see posterization with
PhaseONE C1 because uses 3D LUT ICC profiles and in these cases you can see
posterization!!! because 3D lut ICC profiles haven´t got the precision of
matrix ICC profiles.

Dave

Olympus E-1. 7