Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:19:49 -0500
> Yeah! Let´s do it and show the charts to everyone. It took me too many hours
> to generate them. Norman Koren (The Imatest programmer) told me he was
> amazed with KODAK KAF-5101 sensor!
> Shadow information is awesome. Yeah!!! Highlight EV is very narrow. I think
> is the reason why E-1 underexposes.
> I am pretty sure many people thinks E-3 had wider dynamic range compared to
> E-1. :)

LOL, not in my tests!  The E-1 gives what appears to be at least one,
if not two stops more recoverable shadow detail than the E-3. I
regularily underexpose by a full stop and have to pull it up in
conversion. Not a problem at all. There are few cameras you can do
that with and still keep your sanity. Noise? Well, no E-1 image is
clean at any brightness level anyway, so it's not much of an issue.

I think I adequately proved this point with this test:

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=493&Itemid=1

AG