Re: [OM] No on caught my stupid error, was: GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] No on caught my stupid error, was: GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:03:08 -0400
The question had to do with the possibility of introducing posterization
into your image when increasing pixel brightness levels when editing
whilst no such danger exists when decreasing brightness levels.  All due
to integer rounding in digital arithmetic.  Also that working in 16 bits
minimizes the problem.  In trying to explain this I made a couple of
stupid photography related arithmetic errors.

Chuck Norcutt