Re: [OM] The Usual Deliberations (Six Months with a 520) WAS My New Year

Subject: Re: [OM] The Usual Deliberations (Six Months with a 520) WAS My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:40:12 -0800
I'm pondering my next move. The thing I miss most from my OMs with the
520 is the dramatically shallow depth of field possible with fast
primes such as my beloved 85/2 and 50/1.2. After six months with the
520, I'm not getting that. (Except when I fit the 50/1.2 to it!) Also
missing the 'decisive moment' more often than I'd like. Maybe I just
don't have the AF set up properly. I have it on "S-AF." Sometimes I
just don't feel like carrying the 520 around, and it doesn't easily
fit in my briefcase. I think I may need four or five cameras
instead. :-)

1) Architecture and family portraits: Either a 5D to use with my
Zuikos and a 50/1.4 and 24-105 IS AF lenses OR a D700 with the new 24
shift and a couple other AF lenses.
2) Motorcycle trips and generally carrying around in the briefcase:
G10 (weather-sealed!)
3) Pocket and low-light: F100fd (to replace my lost F31fd)
4 & 5) Pure photography as well as architecture and family portraits:
My trusty OM-1n and the Holga.

The Oly 1030SW is intriguing as well.

Rob in Seattle