Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII

Subject: Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:04:33 -0500
I think the 5D will continue to hold good value for a long time to come.
  I think the Mark II has too many megapixels... not just from a noise
standpoint but from a lens standpoint.  If your lens can resolve that
many pixels at all it's at a restricted aperture like f/5.6 or f/8.  And
even then it's very unlikely to extend very far into the corners.

Canon is certainly consistent with the interface.  The large "quick
control dial" on the back of the camera (that I dislike) dates back at
least as far as the EOS-1N film body of 1994.  Long time Canon shooters
would likely be very upset if the design changed.

Chuck Norcutt