Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII

Subject: Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:04:14 +1100
In my experience there is a bit of a surge of professional  trade-ins
with a new model and you can often pick up a well used pro-used
example for a good price as they are happy to trade in for not that
much. But if you miss that opportunity, then the second hand price
stabilises at a higher point as the amateurs and enthusiasts trade in
cleaner examples or a higher price level is established on ebay.
That's how I got my first dSLR, a 10D that was coming in over the
counter as a trade as I was standing there. The shop was quite happy
to let me have it for 5% over what they were paying for it.
Often it's a good idea, if you have a good relationship with a store
that services the pro trade, to ask them to look out for a good trade
in for you. About now would be good for a 5D but you may have missed
the boat already.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx