[OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:28:50 -0500
For the last TOPE I did where I used film I took the film to the local
Wal-Mart for processing and chose only developing with a CD as output.
You only get a 2MP image (1200x1600 I think) but I was pleasantly
surprised that they all showed very nice histograms and they were
certainly usable for making good web images.  That said, the lighting in
those shots was fairly uniform and not exactly strenuous.  I don't know
what automatic equipment might do with a night scene that's largely
black punctuated by a bunch of bright light sources bit it's certainly
an inexpensive option if you don't have a scanner.

Chuck Norcutt