[OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:46:31 +1000
I deliberately left the E-520 on 400 (the day started in foggy
conditions) to see how it performed. That meant that when it
brightened, I was using f10 at 1/1000s for the giraffe. Not a
preferred combination for you I know but then, it's not exactly a
street shooter's lens!
I shot jpeg because I don't have ACR for the new body. Rather wish
I'd cut it back to 200 iso though.
The Oly tech rep was encouraging the attendees to use f8 so it's
likely that you're right.
I suspect that this is a lens to use at f8+ and 1/250+ in bright
conditions when racked out to 300mm.
I am very tempted tho'.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx