[OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:48:23 +0100
I had not realised the 50-200 was so heavy, Nathan.  It doesn't feel so bad
on the camera, leastwise!  But it's a significant increase on the 70-300 for
sure.

Judging only from the paper specs, I would point out that it is relatively
slow (which I regard as even more important with long lenses, though IS will
help a great deal), and as far as I understand you cannot use manual focus
with the 70-300.  But (still judging from paper specs!) the price
differential between 50-200 and 70-300 is very significant!  It looks a
bargain.

If you care to look at a fellow countryman's review (with other opinions
added) try here:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/zd-070-300.html  the short version - he
likes it very much.

--