[OM] Question about longish Oly lenses

Subject: [OM] Question about longish Oly lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:11:40 +0200
I am thinking about getting a longer lens for my E3, taking advantage
of the fact that my uncle from Florida is coming over in August and
can "smuggle" a lens bought with US rubles at B&H.

I have looked at the following 3 lenses:

- the 50-200mm has the best specs but also the highest price and I am
not thrilled by the 1 kg weight
- the 40-150mm is light but its range overlaps with the 12-60mm I
already have; but it is the cheapest of these 3
- the 70-300mm appears the most useful, as its range dovetails nicely
with the 12-60. It is also light for this focal length, and inexpensive.

What is the opinion of this esteemed group of the relative merits of
these last two lenses?

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman