[OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about longish Oly lenses
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:27:44 +1000
The Oly media launch day I just attended was pushing the E-520 and
70-300mm which they are going to release here as a 'Super-tele' kit
(with the 14-42mm as well).
Here's my first efforts with the combo - the 520 seems a little
'grainy' in sky and grass out of focus areas at 400 iso (ran the blur
tool over them) but I don't think I can fault the lens at the price.
Quite excellent I thought. Note the water droplets in the first shot
- fairly sharp at 100%.
Shot at zero sharpening, 'natural' colour, no noise reduction - and
punched up in PS afterwards.
<http://www.pbase.com/afildes/oly_70300mm>
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx