[OM] Re: camera hoarding

Subject: [OM] Re: camera hoarding
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:11:12 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> ... Isn't that what "hobbies" are all about? They aren't supposed to
> make sense.
That's what I think, too.

>> I find something very satisfying about working on mechanical devices,
>> especially when they get better as a result. Fortunately, I have very little
>> work and life pressure to recover from.
>>
> Maybe someday.  For now, I'm still racing the rats.

What do you use for the "rabbit"?

>> Does she have to? If so, Why? She should have things to do that you don't
>> get. Maybe you should hint about how you need to find room for a big model
>> railroad set-up? ;-)
>>
> Man, you hit upon another unfullfilled hobby/interest of mine.  I have a
> large cardboard box of trainset stuff that keeps getting moved from one house
> to the next....

There are a certain number of avocations that are quite common here on
the list. Trains, big and/or small, are always a good bet.

>> Odd is good, in my book. but if it helps, I'll bet there are even more
>> camera boneyards owned by people on this list than have been admitted to.
>>
> Hmm.  But mine are truely boneyards of deceased bits of camera kit which I
> killled.
Yeah, you aren't a collector/hoarder like many of us. But then I never
"got" the train thing. And I can never figure out golf either. My father
loved it, even though disk problems left him out of actual play for most
of his life. And both my sons play. A walk through meadows and trees
without equipment, competition or fees is much nicer to me.
> Yes, I did FINALLY properly dispose of Sollie.

Oh, that's nice.

Moose