[OM] AVG

Subject: [OM] AVG
From: Brian Gray <brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:05:38 +0100
I would second that but I suspect it may not be necessary to
uninstall first.  I have a recollection that one of the installation
options after a download may be to restore a damaged system. I have
been using AVG for a good few years and been very satisfied - when
first installed it found a few problems in messages I had sidelined
as suspicious.  As I have a home network using both W98 and XP I now
have to use one of the paid-for copies of 7.5 but have found the
e-mail support service included in the price very helpful for the
occasional problem.
Brian

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
Subject: [OM] Re: OT - anti virus / spyware programs

No such problems here.  I'd suggest you uninstall AVG and then reinstall
from a fresh download.  Possibly some damage in your installed copy
which could have happened either pre or post-installation.  Even if the
computer's bit error rate is an extremely small number we move an
extremely large number of bits these days.

Chuck Norcutt