[OM] Re: Best Sensor Cleaning Product

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Sensor Cleaning Product
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:25:15 -0600
AS wrote:
> What do you use to clean your camera's sensor/CCD?

  I've only had to do this once; big (well, relatively) bit of something
got stuck to the sensor on my E-3 (in the first week of use, yet) and
wouldn't come off no matter how many times I turned the camera on and
off in various orientations over the next few weeks / used puffers on it
/ other non-contact attempts.

  In the end I used the corner of a sheet of Bounty, my reasoning being
that if it left bits of lint behind, the sensor shaker would get rid of
those, and it worked just fine.

  Note: this was on my camera -- I'm not recommending it to anyone else,
but so far so good..

  -- dan