[OM] Re: Best Sensor Cleaning Product

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Sensor Cleaning Product
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:21:06 -0500
Dr Flash wrote:

> Yes, it is impregnated with unspecified chemicals.  I talked to Swiffer
> tech support folks about using it on a camera sensor.  They were rather
> intrigued with the idea but advised me against trying it as they had no
> idea how their chemical soup might interact with the chemical soup on
> the sensor filter.

LOL, nice legal answer.  I suppose I'll continue to live dangerously with my
E-1, though.  It seems to take every other kind of abuse I've thrown at it
(or thrown it at).  If it ends up trashing the sensor cover, well, it's ONLY
5MP anyway and severely out of date.  John Hermanson uses a FEATHER to clean
dust off of mirrors and you are off buying cosmetics for your 5D, I can't
imagine the Swiffer Sweeper being more risky.  :)

Oh, and it has been quite a while now since I've used it--no visible harm
has shown up yet.  I suspect that there isn't any solvent in the chemical
stew.

AG
http://www.zone-10.com