[OM] Re: Back on the list; scanner questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on the list; scanner questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:10:55 -0400
Buying a new, high quality flatbed like the 4990 is probably the best
thing to do.  Especially if you get something with an IR channel for
dust removal.  But if you want to try a 2906 in the meantime you can
probably buy one for a song on ebay.  It will probably cost you more for
the shipping than the card.  There are lots of Adaptec SCSI cards
floating around but the 2906 is the one you want because its connector
is compatible with the cable you got with the Scanwit scanner.  Having
to replace a cable (there are many types) is more problematic than
getting the right card in the first place.

Chuck Norcutt