[OM] Back on the list; scanner questions

Subject: [OM] Back on the list; scanner questions
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:29:52 +0100 (BST)
Hi all,

After a couple of years of having my list subscription set to vacation,
I've just reactivated it.  I've been browsing the archives and it's great
to see the list alive and well with so many familiar names still around!
I'm still keeping the faith with my OM-1n as my main camera, although it's
supplemented these days by a digital point and shoot.

So, still being a film fan, I need a good film scanner.  I just bought a
new computer with Windows Vista, which seems to have made my old Acer
Scanwit obsolete as there are no drivers available for the SCSI card.  So
I think it's time to upgrade, and I wonder if anyone has had any
experience with the Plustek 7200i scanner?  I've read some pretty
reasonable reviews, and for £140 off amazon for 7200dpi resolution it
seems pretty extraordinary.

Roger