[OM] Re: Back on the list; scanner questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on the list; scanner questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:23:27 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I didn't understand any of that "set the driver for XP compatibility"
> stuff.  I haven't a clue how one would do that.

In explorer, right click on the exe, or other executable, select
properties from the list that appears, select the Compatibility Tab. In
the Compatibility Mode box, select the earlier version of Windoze that
you want emulated. (Same process in XP to run stuff for earlier versions.)

It isn't to set the driver itself for compatibility, that isn't always
the issue, but to set the driver installer so it will run under Vista,
thinking it is running under XP. I've had st least two instances of
installers that wouldn't go under Vista without the compatibility
setting, but that then installed XP drivers that worked fine with Vista.

Moose