[OM] Re: SLIDE DUPLICATING - 5000ºK LIGHT BOXES w ith OLYMPUS E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: SLIDE DUPLICATING - 5000ºK LIGHT BOXES w ith OLYMPUS E-1
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:55:56 +0200
 Hi,

I&acute;m going to try with both solutions. I have to buy a slide duplicator
for my ZD 50 f2 and I&acute;ll see if dE is lower than using my JESSOPS
5000&ordm;Klightbox.

It&acute;s the only way of double checking which way is the best one.

Regards,

Dave

Wayne Harridge wrote: According to my Minolta color meter (which could
probably use a calibration) my Gagne Porta-Trace puts out 5000K to 5250K
depending on where you measure it from. But as Wayne points out there is a
green factor to be accounted for. This particular flourescent source would
need a 10M filter. Of course this is from a guy who is color deficent in
Red/Green and can use all the artifical help he can get. Jay - Who's
non-calibrated meter is probably more accurate than the owner's rods and
cones. Most colour temperature meters make 2 measurements through a red and
ablue filter and the ratio of these 2 measurements is used to infer the
colour temperature. This will obviously generate some value for colour
temperature for any light source, however it will only be meaningful if the
light source has the spectrum of a black body radiator (e.g. sunlight,
tungsten lights). I'm not even sure if it will be accurate for flash.
http://www.zuikoholic.com[1] List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx[2]

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.zuikoholic.com
   2 mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx