[OM] Re: [OT] Time - Fluke - scopemeter 123

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Time - Fluke - scopemeter 123
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:51:50 -0500
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 05:15:18PM +0200, swisspace wrote:
> just before I suspended my tiny UK company I treated myself to a
> scopemeter 123, however the battery has always been crap and especially
> now as I haven't used it  doesn't last long at all, do they do different
> technology batteries these days I assume its a nicad so maybe now they
> are Li-ion and where could I buy one from. its about 8 years old.

My Fluke 123 has the same problem. If you find a good replacement battery,
I'd love to hear about it. I'm not sure that you can change battery
technologies, though, as that requires a change in the charging circuitry
(usually by adding more intelligence), and that circuitry is built into the
instrument in this case.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net