[OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO

Subject: [OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 07:19:59 -0500
Lukasz Grabun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we - my better half and me, that is - are going to Spain this summer,
> in August. Of course, even though officialy we go there to relax and
> delight our eyes with breathtaking landscapes, the mains reason *I* go
> there - just next to spending lovely three weeks with my wife - is to
> take hundreds of photos.

Sounds nice.

> The alternative is to buy few rolls of Kodak Portra 160VC and use it
> as both portrait and landscape film. Is it a good idea?

"Film."  What is this "Film" that you speak of? Are you asking which CF
card is best?  ;-P

> The other question I have regards film speed. I've heard many times
> that exposing slides at other film speed and having them processed

Don't you just hold down the "ISO" button and roll the thumbwheel until
the proper ISO shows up in the display?

(Perhaps I've been using my E-1 too long....)

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon