[OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO

Subject: [OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:16:45 +0200
Lukasz,

In an article about concert photography
http://photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/concer_3.htm
that I stumbeled over recently, there is a pragraph called 'rating
versus pushing'.
The process you are describing is referenced to as 'rating' the film.
E.g. if the box says 160 ASA but you set your camera at 100 ASA and
have the film processed normally, you are rating the film at 100 ASA.

The abovementioned paragraph boils it down to:
<quote>
"The process of rating a film is very individual; when trying out a
new emulsion, you should experiment with exposure to find which rating
works best for you."
</quote>

If you are unsure, you might decide to do bracketing.....

Bart