[OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO

Subject: [OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 07:50:24 -0700
It seems to me that the final use would determine your film. I agree
with you about Provia if you are looking at slides. I think Fuji
designed that film for the scanner with its fine grain, less
saturated color and a low black point. All those things are good for
portraits and do not interfere with post processing for scenics after
a scan. The slides themselves always looked a bit dull to me.

You could do what many photographers have done with Velvia since it
came out. Shoot it at 40 ISO instead of 50. It looks like a different
film then. That would solve your problem of switching out films on a
trip. Just lower the ISO when doing portraits.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA