[OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO

Subject: [OM] Re: OT? Travel slide, proper ISO
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:42:04 -0700
Changed my mind about what I was going to say and did not edit well.
What I was trying to say was that Provia would not be my first choice
if I was doing a slide show with an optical projector and screen.
Sorry about the confusion. The reason for that is that projected
Provia just did not look that great to me. I don't know what I would
choose now for that purpose. I liked Agfachrome then for its
contrast, apparent sharpness and clear balanced color, all better
than Provia. It really is nice to see cloud shadows that are neutral
gray instead of magenta. Second choice was Velvia whose excesses made
for pretty slides that drew compliments even if the original scene
was not any great shakes. I don't even know what films are available
any more.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA