[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:40:07 -0500
David Thatcher wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 04:22:18PM +0200, Olaf Greve wrote:
>> Naaaaaah, for the REAL hardcore, everything would simply be Unix,
>> WITHOUT X, KDE, Gnome, Aqua, etc. ;)
>> For the Dutchies out there, there's a funny geekware shirt I came
>> across, it just says:
>>
>> Ik root
>> Unix
>>

> surely you'd let me keep bash & emacs?   or must I vi sh ?
>
> :)

You REALLY want to start a religious war, don't you?  For those of you
not aware, emacs and vi are two different text editors in UnixWorld.
Each has a rabid following, and each of those followings has absolutely
no use for the other.

Makes the Windows vs. Mac crowd look like a group of schoolchildren at
recess.  Same with bash and sh, two different command shells.  You want
to see a holy war, there ya go.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon